Frequently Asked Questions

There are 2 numbers in my race pack. Which goes where?

The race number goes on the front, the temporary number goes on the back.

What do I do with the indemnity declaration slip?

You need to complete it and hand it back to the organisers at a registration point. If you don't know where this is, complete the slip and fold it in under the number

What does it mean to be a "licensed athlete"?

Races that are ran under the rules and regulations of the ASA (10km+) requires you to have a license. You can either join a running club and purchase a permanent license, or buy a temporarily license for the race you want to enter. If you run more that 3x 10km+ races a year, it starts making financial sense to get a permanent number.

Are you the organisers of all these races?

No we are not. In fact, we do not organise any events. All the events are organisers by different clubs around the Western Cape. We gather the information from everyone and post the events in a uniform manner.

How do I enter races?

It depends on the event, especially the size of the event. The smaller races will only do on-the-day entries. The really big events will again only do online entries to ease the admin and make sure tracking chips are registered correctly. Please make sure you read the information around entries and registration carefully to avoid disappointment.

How can I support the website?

We have a day jobs and running the site is done in our off time between the job and the kids at home wanting attention. Getting some form of remuneration from the site just helps to keep motivated when you sit at 11pm re-typing race information some organizers saved directly into an image!

We started a Patreon page to make it easy to support the page. Thank you!!

Support us on Patreon

We get it! Ads are annoying. But they help keep this website up and running.
Please help us make a few bucks by disabling your ad block software.